The Hotel de la Paix Paris, A charming, peaceful quarter
You will also appreciate the colourful weekly markets which enliven this particularly welcoming district, as well as the various green areas such as the Georges Brassens and André Citroën parks, ideal for a leisurely stroll.
Exhibition Park trade show and event programme: www.viparis.com
Appreciated for its calm atmosphere, its numerous shops and its wide choice of restaurants, the 15th arrondissement of Paris is one of the capital’s most appealing.
Home to the Porte de Versailles Exhibition Parks, the Aquaboulevard water park and sports centre and a number of training centres, it is the ideal base for discovering a number of the capital’s monuments, museums and tourist sites, including the famous Eiffel Tower, just a fifteen minute walk away.
Some other ideas for walks
10 minutes from the hotel (on foot or by metro)
The Porte de Versailles Exhibition Park, which holds numerous trade fairs and eventsPorte de Versailles
The Palais des Sports, which plays host to a number of shows and concerts
The Centre Aquaboulevard, its cinema, water park and sports facilities
Parc Georges Brassens, ideal for a walk or relaxation
Gare Montparnasse, and its quarter which is home to offices, shops and restaurants
Direct access to a number of monuments
The Hôtel de la Paix is ideally located between two metro stations, “Convention” (line 12) and “Boucicaut” (line 8), and served by bus routes 39, 62 and 80 as well as by the RER C (“Javel” station). These different forms of transport mean the whole of Paris is within quick and easy reach:
- Line 8 of the metro offers direct access to Les Invalides, the Military School, Place de l’Opéra, Concorde, Madeleine, the theatres on the Grands Boulevards as well as the Place de la Bastille and its opera.
- Line 12 of the metro provides direct access to Montparnasse Staions, the Musée d’Orsay, Montmartre and Place Pigalle, famous for its cabarets and nightlife.
- Bus line no. 39 serves notably the famous Saint-Germain-des-Prés and Sentier quarters, as well as the Louvre and the Tuileries Gardens.
- Bus line no. 62 connects the Hôtel de la Paix and the Parc des Princes, the 13th arrondissement of Paris (“Chinatown”), the François Mitterrand Library as well as the very picturesque “Bercy Village”.
- Bus line no. 80 links the hotel to the Exhibition Park, as well as the Champ de Mars, the Champs Elysées, the Sacré Cœur and the department stores of the Boulevard Haussmann.
- RER line C offers direct access to the Congress Palace at Porte Maillot, the Palace of Versailles, Les Invalides as well as the Musée d’Orsay.